They say the first step to overcoming an addiction is admitting you have one. So here it goes... My name is Crystal and I'm a shopaholic.
It all started in college. You see, I use to be shy. Painfully shy. I had a hard time making friends and usually kept to myself in my dorm room with a roommate I didn't like. My solace was internet shopping. My first year at college I spent well over $5K. I netted clothes that I didn't like, clothes that didn't fit and clothes that were just plain ugly. But no, I didn't return it. Instead those clothes lay helplessly on hangers desperately waiting the day that the tags would come off and they would be worn. But alas, that day never came and instead went Goodwill.
Today my problem has grown. No longer shy but now the life of the party, the bar is hitting my wallet hard. I play sports four days a week and of course go to the bar to unwind after a terrible loss or to celebrate a win (either way, I'm going to the bar). Not only have I discovered the bar scene (I didn't drink in college), I'm addicted to eBay and etsy. I have so many clothes that I've never worn, books that I've never read and jewelry that's never been worn.
After reading Anna Newell Jones blog And Then She Saved I became inspired and decided I can do this too! So here I am today, Monday June 13, 2011 declaring I am a shopaholic and I do want to change! Based on Anna's guidelines, I will set my own limits and adjust to overcome my challenges.
No comments:
Post a Comment